Friday, March 9, 2012

Greece Restructuring Deal

After months of maneuvering the Greek debt deal seems to be completing...

EDIT: At the time this blog entry was posted I had a Youtube video here. That has been removed but I want the rest of my content to be remain. Nothing hidden no past mistakes ignored. All out in the open.


From what I can gather it seems all this work and loss that private investors will receive ends up saving Greece 15 billion euros. Why only that amount? Because all that the IMF and ECB are doing is giving Greece money to pay the existing debt and roll it over into new ones. IMO the IMF and ECB didnt go in and save Greece. What they did was tell Greece "If you want our money we want the safety that you will pay us back so you need to push loses onto others."
I think in 3-5 years time they will find they are going to be on the other end of that deal.

Now isnt that a prediction of the future and I said in this video I don't make predictions?
I enjoy predicting the future for conversation's sake but I place no money down on that prediction. That's the big difference. I see so many people who are having a lot of worry over their investments based upon what happens in Greece that carries over to the EU that carries over to the rest of the world.

If you are worried about a position that means you have too much money in that area for your risk tolerance. I can and probably will make an entire entry on that idea. That goes to weighting and turns out yes those people have way too much of their total money in European debt and stock markets.

Disclaimer: The investments and trades in my videos and blog entries are not recommendations for others. I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant, or tax adviser. The financial actions I talk about are for my own portfolio and money and only suited for my own risk tolerance, strategy, and ideas. Copying another person's financial moves can lead to large losses. Each person needs to do their due diligence in researching and planning their own actions in the financial markets.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the scenarios you mention toward the end of your video, about reasoning for specific company investments. You are positioning yourself for long-term success.

    As for the Greek deal, I am not sure how the US markets will react. Maybe short-term relief if any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked sharebuilder and it is 1.59 I am not sure where 1.67 came from thats a bit of a stretch to be a fat finger error.

    ReplyDelete