Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Monthly Update: September 2013

Month #2 has passed for my progress blog and time to see how things went...

Portfolio Activities
     No purchases or sales this month
     $750 deposits into investing
     $250 deposits into savings (still to be opened).

Portfolio Income
Monthly Dividends
     BLV: $0.87
     JNK: $1.48
     NDRO: $5.04
     ARCP: $2.59
     PSEC: $7.50
     PCY: $1.92
Quarterly Dividends
     AFL: $2.04
     COP: $2.51
     WMT: $2.01
     MCD: $2.12
     TCPC: $11.26
Rental Income
     Townhouse 1: $855.00

Portfolio Review
September was a quiet month for activity as I made no purchases or sales. I wanted to rebuild up my cash position as in previous recent months I purchased IBM, AAPL, and POT. My cash is back up over 20% and I will be looking to deploy that soon.

I took out the weighting reviews. Those aren't going to be changing monthly by very much. Better I think to keep them for half year reviews.

Earning season starts next week and with it comes the flood of financial results from companies.

The Real Est Savings account has been recapitalized. I had spent over $5,000 for a new furnace and air conditioner. It was a needed repair and upgrade that I had prepared for but it did mean I had to put my rental income towards rebuilding it. This account is for emergencies for my rental property and won't be touched until something major happens.

The Real Est Cash account has $1,630 in it which is right where I want it. I get $855 net management expenses in rent usually paid around the 10th of each month. Problem is my mortgage is due before that each month so I have to carry a large balance. The mortgage is around $750. I can now return to using the rental income towards improving making me money vs recapitalizing its savings. $855 extra a month for more dividend stock or paying off the mortgage early is going to be great. I've had to put that on hold for about 6 months for the upgrades and psychologically I've noticed I've been antsy with that lower funding level.


Disclaimer: The investments and trades discussed are not recommendations for others. I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant, or tax adviser. The financial actions I talk about are for my own portfolio and money and only suited for my own risk tolerance, strategy, and ideas. Copying another person's financial moves can lead to large losses. Each person needs to do their due diligence in researching and planning their own actions in the financial markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment