Monday, October 7, 2013

Deposit Day: 10-7-13

Another payday for my accounts has come for me to decide where the influx of cash will be going. This also seems to have morphed into a quick commentary and overview of my thoughts.

Deposit
The discretionary deposit this time is going to the savings account. I've settled upon Barclay's. They seem as good as any online savings account. I didn't want to use ING as I have an investing account with them. I want the extra diversification. I expect to be doing that this week which will see them have $500.

Savings Transfer
$500 from Real Est Cash is moving to Real Est Savings. That might seem silly as both are cash accounts but keep in mind what each account is for. Real Est Savings is for repairs and emergencies for my rental property. The Real Est Cash account is my rental money that has yet to be deployed for something. Essentially I am locking the money away for a rainy day. Looking at my past major repairs, $2,000 wasn't quite enough and $2,500 - $3,000 was closer to the bill. I wasn't feeling confident with only $2,000 and I have learned to listen to feelings of uneasiness in my accounts.

Government Shutdown
The markets seem to not care that the U.S. Federal government is on hold. I think whats happening is that the market is waiting for the debt limit issue to be decided. Either it will be raised or not. I cannot think of the consequences of a default. Its so far beyond not increasing more debt, its all the full faith and credit of the United States behind the debt that becomes the issue.


Disclaimer: The investments and trades discussed are not recommendations for others. I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant, or tax adviser. The financial actions I talk about are for my own portfolio and money and only suited for my own risk tolerance, strategy, and ideas. Copying another person's financial moves can lead to large losses. Each person needs to do their due diligence in researching and planning their own actions in the financial markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment