Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Investment: ERF Enerplus

Enerplus is a good addition to my dividend investing account...

EDIT: At the time this blog entry was posted I had a Youtube video here. That has been removed but I want the rest of my content to be remain. Nothing hidden no past mistakes ignored. All out in the open.

You can learn a lot when researching a new company as a possible investment and I'm not talking about learning about the company. Before ERF, I didn't know about tight gas or waterflood oil. Investing isnt all about making money.

Something I didn't mention in my video that is a big plus for me with ERF... they spend a lot of time and money hedging with calls and puts on their oil and natural gas. This will help them maintain their dividend and stabilize losses. Its something they do openly talk about. It can give some exposure to trading in the markets without actually doing the trading ourselves.  Most companies will do this but its interesting to see them talk about it so openly in their reports.


Disclaimer: The investments and trades in my videos and blog entries are not recommendations for others.
I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant, or tax adviser. The financial actions I talk about are for my own portfolio and money and only suited for my own risk tolerance, strategy, and ideas. Copying another person's financial moves can lead to large losses. Each person needs to do their due diligence in researching and planning their own actions in the financial markets.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT9rrfml668&feature=endscreen&NR=1

    This is an video from Enerplus about their conversion from Income Fund to corporation.

    ReplyDelete