Monday, October 31, 2011

Week 27 Deposit

A whole lot of activity going on this week...

EDIT: At the time this blog entry was posted I had a Youtube video here. That has been removed but I want the rest of my content to be remain. Nothing hidden no past mistakes ignored. All out in the open.



The couponing for October brought in $103 after covering my costs. That's about a 20% increase to the funding. If you are only able to afford $20, $30 or cannot afford anything? This could be a way to start your own portfolio. Those $0.50 off coupons can REALLY add up.

I thought more on a couple comments left by some anonymous posters in regards to cost basis. To count the DRIP dividends into cost or not. It seems that if I am to count it for the average in price that it would be fair to count it in for the cost. There was a link post to The Passive Income Earner which describes some of the pros and cons of why you would and would not include the dividend in the cost basis of DRIP. With a many aspects on investing it comes down to how you want to look at and manipulate the data.
Am I a wishy washy flip-flopper? Perhaps but the purpose of that spreadsheet is to show different ideas of what to keep track of a portfolio. I will say that one spreadsheet I have for another portfolio has 7 tabs each with about 25 columns. Yeah I go overboard on the number crunching I admit. So the balance for you guys is in not getting crazy with information overload. Just the right amount is needed here.

WMT brings the first quarterly dividend payer to the portfolio. For simplicity's sake I am just taking the monthly average for the spreadsheet. In the long run when there are 20-25 positions, 15+ of them will be quarterly dividends spread through all 3 months of a quarter. The actual dividends received should be closer to the estimate. Also, its more of a guideline estimate for me to gauge how closely I am getting to the income needed for my Model Family.



Weekly Activity
$89.97 deposit into Investing
$113.24 deposit into Trading
$0.98 dividend from PCY

Model Portfolio Totals

Trading Account: $413.24
Estimated Monthly Income: $0 (Not ready to trade until Phase 1 completed)
Max amount in Forex trade (50% of account): $206
Max loss per trade (1% of account): $4

Investing Account: $1,771.17
Estimated Monthly Income: $5.97
Stock
     WMT: $0.53 income/month
Energy
     ERF: $1.69 income/month ($0.009 from DRIP shares)
REITs
     O: $1.06 income/month ($0.005 from DRIP shares)
Bonds
     JNK: $1.69 income/month ($0.010 from DRIP shares)
     PCY: $1.09 income/month ($0.005 from DRIP shares)
Maneuvering Cash: $500

Savings Account: $600
Emergency: $500
Portfolio Protection: $100
CDs: $0
Precious Metals: $0


Disclaimer: The investments and trades in my videos and blog entries are not recommendations for others.
I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant, or tax adviser. The financial actions I talk about are for my own portfolio and money and only suited for my own risk tolerance, strategy, and ideas. Copying another person's financial moves can lead to large losses. Each person needs to do their due diligence in researching and planning their own actions in the financial markets.



No comments:

Post a Comment