Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The first dividend growth stock of the portfolio is...

I ended up placing my order last night with Sharebuilder. It should be going through this morning...

EDIT: At the time this blog entry was posted I had a Youtube video here. That has been removed but I want the rest of my content to be remain. Nothing hidden no past mistakes ignored. All out in the open.


One thing I want to talk a bit more about is the % of time I spent talking about the fundamentals of the dividend vs the future plans of Walmart.  I see a lot of talk about a company's financials and they are certainly important to review. However, I see a lot of people look at the future potential of a company and perhaps look at the forward looking P/E but usually the conversation and research stops there. At the same time these people will say "the past is no guarantee of the future." Fair enough I would agree with that statement, but why isn't there more research on that future?

There are no real solid numbers for the future. Of course because it hasn't happened yet. So the best we can do is make reasonable guesses.
1: Walmart has been successful in the past leveraging their size to offer low priced items people want or need.
2: They are using that in new ways and new markets.
You don't need to write out a 20 page thesis and employ a team of researchers to see the potential value in that.
How confident am I that I am right? 15% confident as that is how much of the Investing money is going into this position. As time goes on and I get more positions, 20-25 total, I'll only be 4%-5% confident


Disclaimer: The investments and trades in my videos and blog entries are not recommendations for others.
I am not a financial planner, financial adviser, accountant, or tax advisor. The financial actions I talk about are for my own portfolio and money and only suited for my own risk tolerance, strategy, and ideas. Copying another person's financial moves can lead to large losses. Each person needs to do their due diligence in researching and planning their own actions in the financial markets

No comments:

Post a Comment