Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dividend Investing: 7 - Dates

Keeping the different dates for dividend investing separate can be confusing at first...

EDIT: At the time this blog entry was posted I had a Youtube video here. That has been removed but I want the rest of my content to be remain. Nothing hidden no past mistakes ignored. All out in the open.


Buying on the ex-dividend date and expecting to get the dividend is a frustrating thing... believe me. Not only do you miss one dividend but you are as far away from the next one as you can get.

Still, once you get the different dividend dates down you can really bring in some timing on your side as I described with the declaration date. Most other investors blow it off as the least important one. But for timing your purchases? It is the most important one if you are familiar with a company's dividend history.

Here is the SEC's info on dividends
http://www.sec.gov/answers/dividen.htm


Disclaimer: The investments and trades in my videos and blog entries are not recommendations for others.
I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant, or tax adviser. The financial actions I talk about are for my own portfolio and money and only suited for my own risk tolerance, strategy, and ideas. Copying another person's financial moves can lead to large losses. Each person needs to do their due diligence in researching and planning their own actions in the financial markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment