Monday, September 23, 2013

Deposit Day 9-23-13

One nice benefit of setting aside money for your future is it gets you away from the living paycheck to paycheck "which bill do I put off until next paycheck" lifestyle. Once you have your debt paid off and move on to investing it relieves a lot of mental pressure. This may sound crazy to some but, for me, I get to the point where I even forget when payday comes. That's where I find myself today on this deposit day...

Deposit
The discretionary deposit is going to the investing account. I'm right at the 5th digit mark of $10,000 and I want to blow right past it. I'm really looking forward to this next year with the account. The funding that will come will kick this account into overdrive.

Earning Season starting soon
In two weeks Q3 2013 earning season starts. I want to be comfortably weighted with cash. This deposit will position me for that as it brings the weighting to 21%. As we head into earnings I can do 2 more investments now that I am recovered from my POT, IBM, and AAPL purchases.

Stock Market Seasonality
The Christmas rally isn't that far off as seasonally it starts on Halloween. Then we normally have several solid months of gains. That's only an average and each year can be different (i.e. 2008) but it is something to keep in mind when planning out where to deploy your capital.


Disclaimer: The investments and trades discussed are not recommendations for others. I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant, or tax adviser. The financial actions I talk about are for my own portfolio and money and only suited for my own risk tolerance, strategy, and ideas. Copying another person's financial moves can lead to large losses. Each person needs to do their due diligence in researching and planning their own actions in the financial markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment