Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Investing account positions


EDIT: At the time this blog entry was posted I had a Youtube video here. That has been removed but I want the rest of my content to be remain. Nothing hidden no past mistakes ignored. All out in the open.



So I have quite a few changes for investment choices then what the Model Portfolio had. As I mention in the video, for a demo account to work it has to be as close to real life as possible. If we go and make choices of what MIGHT have happened then it skews the numbers. Even if minor now, when we add in compounding false numbers will compound into bigger false numbers. At that point in time then what would be the point of a demo account if it isnt giving you an accurate as possible experience in the markets and testing your strategy?

Disclaimer: The investments and trades in my videos and blog entries are not recommendations for others. I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant, or tax adviser. The financial actions I talk about are for my own portfolio and money and only suited for my own risk tolerance, strategy, and ideas. Copying another person's financial moves can lead to large losses. Each person needs to do their due diligence in researching and planning their own actions in the financial markets.

2 comments:

  1. I've recently picked up a position in HAS too (before their accelerated dividend) and I'm about even money now with this investment.

    I am considering picking up 1/2 of a position either in AGNC or NLY as I consider both to be undervalued right now - even in the face of further dividend cuts and prolonged FED intervention. I did not really understand your argument for selling AGNC. As far as I understood you sold it because you could not make sense out of the stock price movement (it's reaction to the dividend cut/the FED intervention). Would be great if you could elaborate a bit on your point there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make a video on this because I think it might be a common question seeing as how last I mentioned AGNC I was talking about how its undervalued.

      Short answer though.... their income is dropping and cannot support the dividend more then a quarter or two.

      Delete