Friday, October 5, 2012

McDonald's (MCD)



EDIT: At the time this blog entry was posted I had a Youtube video here. That has been removed but I want the rest of my content to be remain. Nothing hidden no past mistakes ignored. All out in the open.



I mentioned that the dividend has grown quite well over the past 5 years since the Great Recession started but their dividend raises go beyond that. 35 straight years they have raised dividends that's quite an achievement considering all the other investing and trading fads out there that come and go.

I made the video a few days ago and am posting it now. Since that time McDonald's has filed paperwork to start selling bagged coffee. Their McCafe line of specialty coffee drinks now accounts for 6% of their sales. As I mention in the video, they got rich from a dining experience more so then by selling hamburgers. The success of the McCafe line shows us that they can adapt and win at changing tastes and new trends.

Disclaimer: The investments and trades in my videos and blog entries are not recommendations for others. I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant, or tax adviser. The financial actions I talk about are for my own portfolio and money and only suited for my own risk tolerance, strategy, and ideas. Copying another person's financial moves can lead to large losses. Each person needs to do their due diligence in researching and planning their own actions in the financial markets.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe increase the size of the money in the forex account and demo account to say like 3000. The bigger the account size allows for more money at risk and a larger stop loss.

    An example, if the trade is going against you it will take longer to reach stop loss. The trade might turn in your favor and be profitable. I know you are trying to show people how that a person can start off with zero funds and grow a portfolio. An adequate funded accounts make it more easier to trade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well with Oanda you do not have to trade in lots and mini lots you can trade in 100 units or even 10 so to increase my stop loss I could lower the size of my order. Having a larger account would certainly feel better even if the numbers are the same % wise.

      Delete
  2. Commented on wrong post. Suppose to be weekly update post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem I knew what you were talking about. I do that myself on other blogs too.

      Delete