Friday, December 2, 2011

Psychology of Trading and Investing: 1 - A curious little box...

So you are all psyched up and ready to start making money by trading and investing. Or are you?

EDIT: At the time this blog entry was posted I had a Youtube video here. That has been removed but I want the rest of my content to be remain. Nothing hidden no past mistakes ignored. All out in the open.


Out of all my videos and ideas for investing, trading in the forex, and becoming self sufficient, this series I feel will be the most important. If there is only one thing I can share and you guys get from me this is it hands down. Of course, I hope there is more utility found but I want to stress this series as #1.

I have seen the topic of psychology and emotion with money come up a lot in the last couple of years so there is progress. But to be honest I have found it lacking. Its usually only given a token acknowledgement with a small chapter of a book. The message given is extremely short, "Control your emotions." Wow great that's wonderful.  Yes clearly its as simple as that given all the examples of history in which mankind has tried to control its emotion. So what is a new comer to the financial markets to do?

There needs to be more discussion on examples of emotion and psychology. When passing on ideas about charting the trading community doesn't say "Go use some technical analysis tools for your trading." No we see countless hours of charting examples going down to minute detail. Why not the same for psychology?

That's what I propose to do here.


Disclaimer: The investments and trades in my videos and blog entries are not recommendations for others.
I am not a financial planner, financial adviser, accountant, or tax adviser. The financial actions I talk about are for my own portfolio and money and only suited for my own risk tolerance, strategy, and ideas. Copying another person's financial moves can lead to large losses. Each person needs to do their due diligence in researching and planning their own actions in the financial markets

No comments:

Post a Comment