Friday, November 18, 2011

Releasing private information

EDIT: At the time this blog entry was posted I had a Youtube video here. That has been removed but I want the rest of my content to be remain. Nothing hidden no past mistakes ignored. All out in the open.

I've seen it too many times online. Someone is just being open and honest and social offering some tidbits of their life when someone comes along and turns it into a game. Trying to find out who and where they are offline and releasing that knowledge to embarrass or harass them. That's the milder version of what I have seen. It doesn't matter what type of community it is because the person doing the outting? They feel they themselves are anonymous.

I made this video not only as an explanation for why I won't give out personal info but as a partial warning to others. Once its on the internet its out there permanently.  I'd rather not have to close things down because someone is harassing me.  At this time I'll say nobody is and I honestly don't foresee a time when someone would. But its better to be safe then sorry.


Disclaimer: The investments and trades in my videos and blog entries are not recommendations for others.
I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant, or tax adviser. The financial actions I talk about are for my own portfolio and money and only suited for my own risk tolerance, strategy, and ideas. Copying another person's financial moves can lead to large losses. Each person needs to do their due diligence in researching and planning their own actions in the financial markets.



1 comment:

  1. I'm going to begin incorporating that percentage idea if you don't mind. If I had a layout like your I would not be rocking the first name either, and believe it or not, at first I avoided using mine. However, with having other people on the youtube channel, and other types of videos, it became unavoidable. As a result though, I had to sever all my other social medias, no facebook, no mySpace, no photobucket, no twitter, everything had to be removed and untagged. It's been alot of sacrifice. Great entry though, Pull.

    ReplyDelete