Sunday, May 1, 2011

Portfolio Management: 2 - The specific rules for this model portfolio

My next entry spells out what thoughts and plans on my model portfolio and where I see it going...

EDIT: At the time this blog entry was posted I had a Youtube video here. That has been removed but I want the rest of my content to be remain. Nothing hidden no past mistakes ignored. All out in the open.


Something I mentioned in the video that bears repeating...
Whatever amount that you are able to put away for your own investments is perfectly fine. It doesn't have to be $100 a week or even $100 a month. The important thing as I mentioned in the video is that you are consistent with your deposits. A steady reliable stream of deposits will grow over time.

I mentioned a few failings of mine in the video. I debated putting that in there or not but decided to leave em in. I feel its important that you guys hear my mistakes as well as my successes. Its more "real" that way. Those accounts that I blew up when I started was quite awhile ago and I have success ones since. But its always good to remember your roots so to speak. It will keep you focused if you remember the mistakes.

On the video editing route I found how to change the thumbnail that appears when the video is displayed. Hopefully this will be the end of the sleepytime videos. They say it takes 6 hours so we will have to see what tomorrow brings.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Adam,
    I appreciate and encourage discussion and feedback on financial topics.
    I'd even be up for collaborative work with other blogs.

    I'm very experienced in SEO for marketing.

    What I don't appreciate is a drive by post where you link bomb my blog to bump up the SEO for your blog that is not even financially themed.

    Though you probably came by with an automated bot program I'll respond anyways...
    I'm leaving your entry and my response to let others know that these types of posts will be deleted.

    ReplyDelete