Saturday, July 2, 2011

Investment Purchase: JNK

I made my second investment for the model portfolio this week...

EDIT: At the time this blog entry was posted I had a Youtube video here. That has been removed but I want the rest of my content to be remain. Nothing hidden no past mistakes ignored. All out in the open.


The blog entry is coming up a bit later then the video was published. It was a rather crazy week in redoing videos and learning how to edit. Plus I wanted to space out the blog entries and not do multiple ones a day.

At any rate, JNK. It has a nice high yield for a bond fund so why not put all my money there? Why waste my time with PCY that has a noticeably lower yield? Financial instruments have a high yield for a purpose. JNK trades 3.8 million shares a day so this isnt some hush hush secret investment that people don't know about. This yield is the yield because thats what the market has determined will pay enough for the risk. Or that the share price is high enough to risk because the higher that goes the more money per share is risked. If the market didn't think the yield was too high or the share price too high then it would be pushed up, plain and simple.

Here are the links to the funds discussed in this entry
JNK: Spdrs
HYG: iShares
PHB: Powershares


Disclaimer: The investments and trades in my videos and blog entries are not recommendations for others.
I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant, or tax advisor. The financial actions I talk about are for my own portfolio and money and only suited for my own risk tolerance, strategy, and ideas. Copying another person's financial moves can lead to large losses. Each person needs to do their due diligence in researching and planning their own actions in the financial markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment