Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Still alive... and a new opportunity.

The markets have had a crazy October with sentiment changing from "this bull will never end!" to "Sell everything its the beginning of 2008 all over again!".

I was defensive going into this downturn and was heavy cash. I was up to 45% cash at one point. Several stops were hit and I could see the potential of it becoming worse even as it turned up. Now though we have a lot going for us in the equities markets to be long.

Seasonally, the Christmas rally begins now. The next 6 months traditionally gives the greatest amount of returns for the year.
The U.S. economy continues to recover. Perhaps not as strong as some would like and the jobs being created aren't the best paying but it is A recovery. That's better than no recovery. I'll be looking to deploy my cash in November.

As you may have noticed I've been pretty silent here for the past couple months. Most often that means a blogger has given up and walked away. In my case I have certainly not been idle.
I'm happy to share that I have a new writing opportunity to work with some others. When I am able to share details I will but I think its going to be an exciting new chapter for me.

With that in mind, this blog will not be going away. I've grown fond of the self directed retail investing community and have no plans to leave it. Its always a pleasure to read monthly updates and see people working on their goals and sharing stories of their accomplishments. With the popularity of fear sites like ZeroHedge out there, that sort of mentality is critical in this day. I want to continue contributing to that message.


Disclaimer: The investments and trades discussed are not recommendations for others. I am not a financial planner, financial adviser, accountant, or tax adviser. The financial actions I talk about are for my own portfolio and money and only suited for my own risk tolerance, strategy, and ideas. Copying another person's financial moves can lead to large losses. Each person needs to do their due diligence in researching and planning their own actions in the financial markets.

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to finding out about the new writing gig. Wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by PIP. I'm excited as to what the future will bring

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you're still writing and have new opportunities on the horizon! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely will be hearing about it soon. Thanks for stopping by W2R

      Delete