Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Monthly Update: October 2014

I'm continuing to get myself caught up from my absence...

Portfolio Acitivities
Sold CPA @ $99.24
Sold AAPL @ $97.76
Sold ARCP @ $11.70
$750 deposit into Investing.

Portfolio Income
Dividends ($22.48)
     AFSI: $4.64
     
     ARCP: $6.35
     BLV: $2.55
     JNK: 4.64
     PCY: $1.90
     Interest from Cash: $1.91
Lending Club
     Interest: $49.74
Rental Income
     Townhouse 1: $950


Market pullback: October showed a market pullback. Was it going to be a dip, pullback, downturn, correction, crash? You can never tell going into them and I was in a very defensive mindset. I placed several stops and AAPL, and CPA got triggered for sales. ROST and PETM had stops but were not hit and I am still long those two.

Painfully low dividends: I haven't had this low of a month income wise in a long time. Not only was it the smallest one traditionally of the quarter but I had several sales and am sitting on 45% cash right now while I was waiting out the market downturn.

Low deposits: Real life events prevented me from contributing as much as I would have liked. I'm ok with that because of how I run my accounts. I put some into savings, I pay my bills, then the rest goes into my various accounts. By its nature it will be variable. I prefer this to a static deposit rate which I think is unrealistic. Life itself isn't static. 

Sold ARCP: I sold ARCP early on in the month. It was when I was inactive and because it was for a great price compared to now I want to post a screen capture of the sale least I be accused of revisionist history. Your trust is very important to me...



I have quite a bit to say on ARCP. Why I sold and why I think it collapsed in price. It had become a popular investment in the dividend community and it warrants discussion. I saw a lot of people buying it in October and I made a few comments on a few blogs but I am kicking myself for not saying anything more. The loss imo was complete avoidable but more on that in the next day or two...

Disclaimer: The investments and trades discussed are not recommendations for others. I am not a financial planner, financial adviser, accountant, or tax adviser. The financial actions I talk about are for my own portfolio and money and only suited for my own risk tolerance, strategy, and ideas. Copying another person's financial moves can lead to large losses. Each person needs to do their due diligence in researching and planning their own actions in the financial markets.

1 comment:

  1. Looks well diversified income. Congrats on another successful month.

    Best wishes
    R2R

    ReplyDelete