Sunday, August 5, 2012

Week 67 update

No video for this week's investing and forex trading update as I am still having computer problems from the lightning strike. Parts are ordered and should be delivered this week. $150 for overnight shipping or $10 for 3 day.... I think the update is ok with no video for $140.

The deposit this week is going to the investing account. This will finish replacing the funds that were used for the STX purchase. I'll be wanting high amounts of cash until things settle down in the world. Europe is still an issue. I have concerns with China being a 1 party system and finding reliable information with them.

Everyone seems to love China. Its the growth place to be and if you aren't invested in China then you aren't a real investor! The problem with investing in China is its hard to find reliable information. So Chinese companies release poor results and stocks go down. The logical action of course is to block some of that information from the public! Its that mentality that keeps me away from China directly. But I do have some Chinese exposure through my large international dividend companies. I'll let them do the work, research, and growth planning. Then I'll get the reward when their stock goes up. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Though I am not invested in China I cannot ignore them. They are the second largest economy and what happens there moves the markets. I don't think they have the growth that they say they do. If they are declining in a recession or even having slowed growth the world cannot turn to them for growth and help if Europe worsens.

Cash and Patience are my two best assets right now to see how everything unfolds. It may seem like I have been saying this forever. It could go on for several more months or years before things get sorted out. There will be a point in time though that I am willing to take on more risk. At that point I'll need all the cash I can get my hands on and thusly why I keep a high cash reserve.

For trading last week I did not place any trades. My computer problems started up Monday night and was a distraction. Insurance companies sure love to take my premium. "Oh you need a claim? Well ummm see you live with your girlfriend's house and since you aren't married then you're more like a renter so your items fall under renters insurance sorry." On top of that we had the Fed on Wednesday, Europe announcements on Thursday, and unemployment on Friday. It was the beginning of the month which is always a busy time for reports and news that can shift the forex markets. I have a backup laptop I keep on the shelf and not plugged in for this very reason of a smoked primary computer. If I was living off my portfolios I couldn't wait a week or more to put trading and investing on hold, it would be my livelihood. I'm eager to get to trading...



Weekly Activity
$100 deposit into Investing
$1.15 dividend from PCY
End of month account interest
28% dividend raise from STX


Model Portfolio Totals

Trading Account: $1,725.78
Estimated Monthly Income: $0
Max loss per trade (1% of account): $17.25
Portfolio stop (3% account): $51.75

Investing Account: $3,986.81
Estimated Monthly Income: $11.04 ($0.361 from DRIP)
Stock
     ABT: $0.76 ($0.006 from DRIP)
     AFL: $0.63 ($0.005 from DRIP)
     STX: $1.07
     WMT: $0.59 ($0.011 from DRIP)
Energy
     COP: $0.78 ($0.016 from DRIP)
     ERF: $0.90 ($0.064 from DRIP)
     PSX: $0.12
REITs
     O: $1.11 ($0.043 from DRIP)
BDCs
     TCAP: $2.19 ($0.049 from DRIP)
Bonds
     JNK: $1.71 ($0.112 from DRIP)
     PCY: $1.17 ($0.055 from DRIP)
Maneuvering Cash: $1,300.82

Savings Account: $1,875.20
Emergency Fund: $1,000
General/Car Fund: $525.20
Portfolio Protection
     Trading Account: $100
     Investing Account: $250


Disclaimer: The investments and trades in my videos and blog entries are not recommendations for others. I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant, or tax adviser. The financial actions I talk about are for my own portfolio and money and only suited for my own risk tolerance, strategy, and ideas. Copying another person's financial moves can lead to large losses. Each person needs to do their due diligence in researching and planning their own actions in the financial markets.

2 comments:

  1. Great blog, keep up the good work. I've recently discovered your blog an clicked through alot of the old content and videos. It actually motivated to start my own blog - let's see if I can keep this up as long and as good as you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment. My blog has been a huge help in keeping me focused. Looking forward to checking yours out.

      Delete