Sunday, May 13, 2012

Week 55 Update



EDIT: At the time this blog entry was posted I had a Youtube video here. That has been removed but I want the rest of my content to be remain. Nothing hidden no past mistakes ignored. All out in the open.


I can recall back in September 2010 thinking how Greece is going to pull down the markets and getting cash heavy for it. Here we are nearly 2 years later and there are still concerns but no catastrophe (yet?). This should really be a surprise that it takes this long. We are going through the worst financial crisis in 80 years. It will take time to play out.


Weekly Activity
$100 deposit into Investing
$1.69 dividend from JNK


Model Portfolio Totals

Trading Account: $1,447.96
Estimated Monthly Income: $0 (Not ready to trade until Phase 1 completed)
Max loss per trade (1% of account): $14.47
Portfolio stop (3% account): $43.41

Investing Account: $3,126.17
Estimated Monthly Income: $10.57 ($0.254 from DRIP)
Stock
     ABT: $0.76
     AFL: $0.63
     WMT: $0.59 ($0.007 from DRIP)
Energy
     COP: $0.77 ($0.007 from DRIP)
     ERF: $1.77 ($0.078 from DRIP)
     PSX: $0.12
REITs
     O: $1.09 ($0.031 from DRIP)
BDCs
     TCAP: $2.01
Bonds
     JNK: $1.69 ($0.091 from DRIP)
     PCY: $1.15 ($0.04 from DRIP)
Maneuvering Cash: $850.11

Savings Account: $1,425
Emergency: $1,000
General/Car Fund: $125
Portfolio Protection
     Trading Account: $50
     Investing Account: $250



Disclaimer: The investments and trades in my videos and blog entries are not recommendations for others. I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant, or tax adviser. The financial actions I talk about are for my own portfolio and money and only suited for my own risk tolerance, strategy, and ideas. Copying another person's financial moves can lead to large losses. Each person needs to do their due diligence in researching and planning their own actions in the financial markets.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with the high levels of uncertainty overseas. Which has shifted my focus onto my personal finance health. I am now to a point that my student loan debt will be eliminated completely by March 2013, which of course is very exciting because its my final non-real estate debt!
    How do you feel about the presidential elections coming up for our country? Do you think one winner will have a better outcome for dividend-hunters over the other? I'm not sure how Romney or Obama will impact the dividend portfolio for the next 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For dividend investing neither one should cause a problem. Romney earned a lot of money through investing so he won't want to raise taxes on himself. Obama is wanting to keep the current taxes unless you make over $250k which I am not close to.

      Delete
    2. Good thoughts there~ being nowhere near 250k either shouldn't be too much to worry about. Everyone who gets excited about dividend tax increases are probably the same people who cause huge mis-directions in the markets via panicking.

      Delete