Friday, May 4, 2012

The 2 in a row strategy

Going to start up a new forex experiment...

EDIT: At the time this blog entry was posted I had a Youtube video here. That has been removed but I want the rest of my content to be remain. Nothing hidden no past mistakes ignored. All out in the open.

I sat down and reviewed the numbers from last month. As I mention in the video everything was kind of all over the place as far as strategy. I knew that it would as my main goal of last month was really just to start doing trades and practice. I ended up not liking that even though liking it wasn't the goal or point but we need to be comfortable with what we are doing. My eyes then turned back to the coin flip account.

In moving away from the coin flop idea to a more free form trading style I asked myself if perhaps I had discarded too much. I had kept the trailing stop/profit stop ratio but was there more. From that I came up with the 2 in a row idea.

My goal here is to see if I can get the stability and ease of automation with the coin flip but increase the accuracy. If it looks good I will use it with real money if its consistent. I'm not above doing that and admitting my own skills in trading need work. My long term goals are to make money, not sitting here thinking about how awesome I am... or in last month's case how I am not.


Disclaimer: The investments and trades in my videos and blog entries are not recommendations for others. I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant, or tax adviser. The financial actions I talk about are for my own portfolio and money and only suited for my own risk tolerance, strategy, and ideas. Copying another person's financial moves can lead to large losses. Each person needs to do their due diligence in researching and planning their own actions in the financial markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment