Sunday, March 25, 2012

Week 48 update and emotion on Apple

Though the Model Portfolio has no shares of AAPL there is a lot that we can still take from the past week and learn from.

EDIT: At the time this blog entry was posted I had a Youtube video here. That has been removed but I want the rest of my content to be remain. Nothing hidden no past mistakes ignored. All out in the open.

I made a comment that some AAPL investors bought their shares in the past couple years for the wrong reason. How could I say that when the price has gone up 180% since beginning of 2010?!?
Because not everyone invests to make money. They may say they do but they are lying to themselves. Some wanted to have a connection to Steve Jobs. As I said in the video that is fine everyone can do what they want. But if they were invested in Apple to make money they wouldn't be selling a 12 P/E growth company where their customers line up overnight to buy a 3rd release of a product.
In the video I said I "owned" shares, past tense. I still do.

This is an important thing to keep in mind. Why are you investing? If we can get to the core root and the true answer to that we might be able to save ourselves a lot of frustration. It probably deserves its own video.


Weekly Activity
$100 deposit into Investing
$76.23 deposit into Trading
Purchased TCAP
$1.74 dividend from ERF

Model Portfolio Totals

Trading Account: $1,169.62
Estimated Monthly Income: $0 (Not ready to trade until Phase 1 completed)
Max loss per trade (1% of account): $11.62
Portfolio stop (3% account): $34.86

Investing Account: $2,739.72
Estimated Monthly Income: $9.77 ($0.200 from DRIP)
Stock
     ABT: $0.76 income/month
     WMT: $0.58 income/month ($0.004 from DRIP)
Energy
     COP: $0.77 income/month ($0.007 from DRIP)
     ERF: $1.75 income/month ($0.063 from DRIP)
REITs
     O: $1.08 income/month ($0.027 from DRIP)
Bonds
     JNK: $1.67 income/month ($0.070 from DRIP)
     PCY: $1.14 income/month ($0.030 from DRIP)
Maneuvering Cash: $650

Savings Account: $1,300
Emergency: $1,000
Portfolio Protection
     Trading Account: $50
     Investing Account: $250
CDs: $0



Disclaimer: The investments and trades in my videos and blog entries are not recommendations for others. I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant, or tax adviser. The financial actions I talk about are for my own portfolio and money and only suited for my own risk tolerance, strategy, and ideas. Copying another person's financial moves can lead to large losses. Each person needs to do their due diligence in researching and planning their own actions in the financial markets.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing your investment accounting growing each month now..keep up the great vlog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. Having this progress blog has been a big help and I hope others can draw useful tidbits from it.

      Delete