Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Week 19 Deposit

What a comical series of errors for this weeks deposit video. Between cleaning the garage, Bobby (our Saint Bernard) injuring himself at the dog park, and Windows 7 errors the video didn't happen on time.  I'll try to knock it out this evening.

EDIT: At the time this blog entry was posted I had a Youtube video here. That has been removed but I want the rest of my content to be remain. Nothing hidden no past mistakes ignored. All out in the open.


The $100 went to the investing account. I am just about done funding phase 1 for the investing account. If my time horizon for investing is 30+ years why even bother with different phases especially if phase 1 only takes 4-5 months? Two reasons.
1: Its about breaking up the overall goal into small achievable ones. If my goal is to be making $3,000 a month... that's going to take awhile. For me and my personality I am going to need smaller and defined goals to get me there. Last month I made $4.12. It can get discouraging seeing how far there is still to go. Slowly but surely we'll get there with what financial goals we lay out for ourselves.
2: By taking the time now to plan out and lay out a foundation for the investing account we will make it easier later.
I have a video planned to cover phase 1.

EDIT: Seriously Windows Live Movie Maker?!? You think its a good idea to start updating while I have a 500 MB file compiling? Its like fate is against me getting this weeks deposit out lol.


Weekly Activity
$100 deposit into Investing
$1.22 dividend from PCY


Model Portfolio Totals

Trading Account: $200
Max amount in Forex trade (20%): $40
Max loss per trade (2%): $4

Investing Account: $1375.28
Stock
REITs
     O: Funds transferring to Sharebuilder
Bonds
     JNK: Funds transferring to Sharebuilder
     PCY: Scheduled to be repurchased at Sharebuilder
Maneuvering Cash: $468.05

Savings Account: $300
Emergency: $250
Portfolio Protection: $50
CDs: $0
Precious Metals: $0


Disclaimer: The investments and trades in my videos and blog entries are not recommendations for others.
I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant, or tax adviser. The financial actions I talk about are for my own portfolio and money and only suited for my own risk tolerance, strategy, and ideas. Copying another person's financial moves can lead to large losses. Each person needs to do their due diligence in researching and planning their own actions in the financial markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment